• annedorotheawunder

Looking back at Week 7

To my great frustration my health once more has caused me to work from home and limited the things I could effectively do. Playtesting for a two-player-game only gets so far when you are only one person so I mainly did collision tests and checked if the puzzles worked as intended. My other attempt to contribute to the playtesting was creating a detailed questionnaire (74 questions^^) the the other designers could give their playtesting candidates to fill out.

Aside from that, the programmer and me have continued out blossoming career as VFX artists and used the effects to add more feedback to the game. One thing that is remaining is the design of the fifth and final altar room which was supposed to be the final challenge to win the game. Thus, the room is blocked off by a barrier that is only lifted when the players clear the other altars in the house. We have linked the needed game objects to ensure that the barrier disappears and the pentagram in the HUB changes according to the number of lit altars. Now all that remains is the final altar room and creating some kind of ending. At the moment the programmer and me are talking about a boss we could create if we combine the different scripts of enemy behavior...

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Modifications, Monsters and Miscommunications

Well, this week has been quite full so far, even if I am working from home… again… The boss that was talked about during the last week, for example, has been created as a prototype: it is a giant vers

Even more VFX

Now that we are trying to incorporate some of the feedback we got for our Beta presentation me and the programmer have continued with the VFX creation from last week. One new addition, for example, is

Looking back at Week 6

Since we had the Beta presentation for our game I would like to focus on the feedback we got there. Overall, the feedback has been positive and people praised our games visuals. In terms of things we